It’s no secret that drivers of diesel vehicles are often out in the worst possible conditions. They are the ones rescuing everyone else: whether it’s by responding to an accident or working on power lines during a storm. But what happens when the rescuer itself is in need of rescue?
Have these fifteen emergency supplies with you at all times.
● A flashlight, along with extra batteries, is a must-have for breakdowns after dark.
● An ample supply of bottled water is essential to keep you hydrated if you’re stuck for a long period of time.
● Stock up on medical supplies, like adhesive bandages and antiseptic wipes, and keep them in a first-aid kit.
● Never go anywhere without jumper cables. They can get you out of many tough situations.
● Always bring a tarp to make unexpected roadside repairs go more smoothly.
● Have a decent supply of non-perishable food on board to keep your energy up when the unexpected happens.
● Always have extra winter clothing items including an extra hat, snow pants, wool socks and mittens.
● A tire pressure gauge can help you stop emergencies before they start.
● A safety vest is helpful during nighttime emergencies as well as just for routine work after dark.
● An up-to-date atlas is a valuable tool if you’re in an isolated spot with no GPS signal.
● A utility knife is handy to have in daily work situations and in emergencies, too.
● A breaker bar helps you loosen lug nuts to simplify an unexpected tire change.
● Pliers are essential for gripping and stabilizing objects while working.
● Duct tape can hold things together until you have the opportunity to fix them.
● A snow shovel can help you dig yourself out if your tires get stuck.
By having these supplies on hand, you can continue driving your vehicle with confidence, no matter what life throws at you. Contact us at All in The Wrist Auto Repair anytime for repairs or information.